Upgrade nutrition content in your diet.
Our personal trainers in London will help you to analyse and upgrade nutrition content in your diet. To ensure that you’re getting the most nutrients in your diet eat a rainbow pick a variety of colours:
- Red foods: red apple varieties, strawberries, peaches, cherries, raspberries, cranberries, strawberries, red cherries, red grapes, pomegranates, red plums, rhubarb, pink grapefruit, watermelon, guava, tomatoes, red peppers, radishes, radicchio and red onions.
- Orange and Yellow foods: apricots, bell peppers, cantaloupe melon, carrots, mangoes, nectarines, organic potato, peaches, papaya, pumpkin, lemons, oranges, satsumas, sweet potato, grapefruit, pineapple, galia melon, passion fruit, , swede, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, orange peppers, sweetcorn.
- Green Foods: Asparagus, avocado, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Chinese leaf, courgette, cress, cucumber, rocket, spinach, lettuce, watercress, leafy cabbage, pak choi, spring greens, green beans, peas, sugar snap peas, mange tout, green pepper, spring onions, leeks, green apples and grapes, kiwi fruit.
- Blue/purple/black foods: blackberries, blueberries, black grapes, purple grapes, beetroot, blackcurrants, purple plums, figs, prunes, raisins, red cabbage, aubergine, black beans, black cherries, prunes, raisins, boysenberries, mangosteens, passion fruit, purple cabbage, plums.
- Violet/Indigo: Same as above. These foods are rich in antioxidants, which are called anthocyanins and phenolics. To improve circulation and prevent blood clots, so eat regularly.
Two very easy methods to boost your nutrition
Sleep for good nutrition
Your tired-mode could produce more of the hunger-stimulating hormone called ghrelin, triggering cravings for sugary snacks! Losing sleep can hinder your healthy nutrition pattern by altering hormone production, which affects your cortisol levels and can cause insulin sensitivity. Getting eight hours of sleep a night is one of the best things you can do for nutrition habits.
Start your day with nutritious protein
Basic nutrition maths
Balance your calories
The calories you eat need to equal the amount you use to stay a constant weight. The correct number of calories DEPEND on how how active your day may be, to ensure that you balance the energy you consume with the energy you use. Overeating means added weight gain, usually fat stores. You’ll usually lose weight but eating healthy low calorie foods, which contain more nutrient content. The average man needs around 2,500 calories a day (10,500 kilojoules) for basic survival. The average woman needs 2,000 calories (8,400 kilojoules) to stay alive. Most adults could be eating more calories than they need, and could eat fewer calories but cutting the junk food out and eating a wide range of foods to ensure your body is receiving all the nutrition it needs.