“Here’s my super-quick supper idea” – Italian tuna garlic pasta is a tasty, good-fat, pasta dish and high in protein. A light meal that can be eaten in the afternoon, rustled up in less than 20-minutes. Pulling flavour from fresh ingredients, so the flavor is always healthy, or tins and packets in the storecupboard. It’s clean ingredients make it delightfully healthy, and quick for a snack to serve between 2-5 people and 280-560 calories
- 45-120g whole wheat pasta (dry or fresh)
- 1 clove of garlic or 1-3 tsp of garlic granules
- 2-3 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 100-200g fresh or tinned tuna
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or spinach (chopped)
- 25-50g of your favourite cheese
- Salt and pepper
Boil a saucepan of salted water, add the uncooked pasta, keep boiling until al dente.
Prep your other ingredients while it cooks – crush the garlic, get the tuna ready and chop the herbs.
Add the oil to a small pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook it for 30 seconds, adding the tuna, sprinkle herbs. Let it heat through.
Drain pasta, leaving you with a steaming pan of pasta and toss with the rest of the dish.
Sprinkle with cheese, herbs and garlic salt.